This week our Facebook timelines were filled with R.I.P. for four celebrities who lost their lives to cancer. The even more devastating news? Approx. 20,000 people die each day from cancer, and of that number, more than half die prematurely. How many people in your life do you personally know are currently suffering from cancer, are in remission or have passed away because of it? The good news – if there can be good news – is that many (if not all) types of cancer can be prevented with lifestyle changes that includes reducing our toxic burden, eating whole, real foods, drinking lots of fresh clean water, reducing our stress AND optimal supplementation.
Gratitude Tip: Cancer is devastating and there is no one who is not affect by this disease of the 20th and 21st century. Where is the gratitude in cancer? That’s a great question. For some people, a cancer diagnosis is a trigger for a lifestyle change and if they survive the treatment, they will change their lives for the better. For others with a fatal diagnosis, they will often decide to live out their best lives in the time that they have left. To be clear, it’s not cancer that we are grateful for, but our it is our actions and reactions to the situation where gratitude lives.
In an interesting bit of timing, the new movie That Vitamin Movie was just released and is available to watch free of charge until tonight (Sunday Jan 17th). My husband and I watched it on Friday night. It was excellent. I have been working in nutrition and supplementation for almost a decade myself, and many of the facts that I share in my nutrition seminars were shared in the documentary – sometimes literally word for word. In fact my hubby actually asked me to stop talking as I was predicting what the experts on the film were saying. A large portion of the film was filmed in Toronto at the Orthomolecular Medicine Today Conference in 2015. If you’ve ever wondered why I take supplements by the handful, this is the movie to watch. If you’re curious about whether or not you should be taking nutritional supplements, this is the movie for you. If you feel like nutritional supplements are a waste of money, this is for you.
There is only one thing that I disagree with in the movie is that it’s ok to buy cheap supplements. One expert says yes, others say no (interestingly it’s a Canadian who says this). I’ve been partnered with USANA Health Sciences for a decade and investing in the highest quality supplements available on the market today. One of the objections I sometimes get from my clients is that they have used supplements in the past and they didn’t feel any different. This is likely due to the fact that many supplements on the market today do not contain what is on the label, they don’t dissolve in the stomach, they aren’t made in bio-available forms so that your cells cannot recognize the supplements and the dosages are so low that you’re better off just sticking to fruits and vegetables.
Here are the top 5 reasons why USANA supplements are the best value for your money*:
- Quality raw materials. Did you know that USANA is the only company that tests the raw materials when they arrive at the manufacturing facility? They conduct independent tests to ensure that the raw materials meet USANA’s strict quality standards, if not, the product is rejected and returned to the supplier.
- Quality manufacturing. USANA voluntarily adheres to Pharmaceutical grade Good Manufacturing Practices and the products are manufactured in an FDA approved facility.
- Potency & Purity Guaranteed. What is in the label is in the bottle, every single time. No exceptions. No fillers. No contaminants.
- Third Party Validation. USANA’s products are regularly tested and certified by third-party organizations including ConsumerLabs.com, NSF.org, NSF Certified for Sport and Informed-Choice.org for example.
- Trusted by over 750 professional & Olympic athletes. Watch this 2 minute video for a sample of the world-class athletes that trust USANA’s products and integrity.
*summary provided by Dr. Ladd McNamara at NextLevel You 2016.
To find out more about the USANA supplement line, please visit my website, or if someone shared this post and they are a USANA distributor themselves, please visit their personal website. If you’re curious about which supplements would be best for you, or simply to have a conversation about your personal lifestyle and supplement needs, I’d love to chat. Please connect with me and I’ll be in touch within 24 hours.
Choose not to be a statistic. Choose to make every day your best day. Choose to make this year the year that you focus on Health Management and not simply weight management. Choose to be in your most optimal health, everyday, so that your can bring your gifts to the world in the most amazing ways!!