Day 16 – 28 Day Total Body Detox
Today is my husband’s 30th birthday!! And it proved to be a challenge for my detox, but I found a way to make it work. The good news is that we had a surprise party for him last year, so there was no big party planned. I still wanted to make his day special. So, instead of a cake, I bought a few gluten-free, vegan cupcakes from Kind Food, downtown Burlington. These cupcakes were SO delicious (and at $3.50 a piece, they’d better be!!) that my hubby didn’t even know they were vegan til after. He was disappointed that I told him. Although sugar is not a part of the detox, I indulged in half a cupcake. My daughter loved them too!
Another great substitution I have made during the 28 Day Total Body Detox is with my daily wrap. I will admit that it’s not great to eat the same thing everyday for lunch, but my stand-by favorite is the following is a wrap, now made with Food For Life Brown Rice Wraps.
- Spread your favorite hummus on a Food for Life wrap
- Add arugula or your fav organic greens
- Slice 1/4 ripe avocado and lay on top
- Next, add one hard boiled egg, sliced (I hard-boil 4-5 every Sunday for the week)
- Drizzle with dijon mustard
- Add 3-4 organic grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Top off with a bit of goat cheese (unless dairy-free) – I love it with cranberries
Roll and enjoy!! It’s a FULL wrap. But SO YUMMY.
More and more people have started their 28 Day Total Body Detox. So far so good for most, but know that it won’t necessarily be wonderful for everyone, it all depends on your body and what you’ve got to go through during the detox process. Congrats to all of you who have made permanent lifestyle changes already.