It’s only Day 2 of the 28 Day Total Body Detox and already I’ve been faced with challenges. First, I had little time to prepare my lunch this morning as I realized I would be out of the house for meetings and didn’t have a plan. I quickly made a salad, packed some berries and carrots and was on my way! Turned out to be delicious!
Simple Detox Salad:
- romaine lettuce
- grape tomatoes
- bean salad (I like Fontaine Santé)
- hemp hearts
- sunflower seeds
- avocado (mmmm avocado!!)
- balsamic dressing (oil and balsamic vinegar ok too!)
For dinner, it was my husband’s birthday so we went out to our favorite restaurant, Paradiso. I had a lovely gluten-free seared trout and shrimp on basmati rice, with white beans and spinach. So yummy! No wine to toast with but he didn’t drink either.
I also wanted to share my goals for the 28 Day TBD with you. I encourage you to set 2-3 goals for the duration of the program, this helps to keep you on track and gives you a reason to keep going!
- Cut the chocolate cravings!! After my birthday in January, Valentine’s Day and Easter season (Eggies), I’ve had enough!
- Fit back into my black dress pants. See above.
- Add more movement to my life. I am still dealing with a lingering post-Ironman injury (yes, it’s been five years) but I really want to add more to my routine. Perhaps even just walking for longer or swimming a few more times a week.
That’s it! I’ll check back in with these at the end of 28 Days. Please feel free to share your goals with us too!! Post them on Facebook or send them privately to your detox coach. Together we’ll achieve our goals!