Things are looking good after this week. It’s been just over 2 1/2 weeks since I committed to making a few lifestyle changes in order to loosen my pants and things are going much better. I am back to my starting weight of 2 weeks ago, but not only that, I am feeling stronger and much more fit than I did when I first started. This is a schedule that I can handle right now, and it feels great to be on track, finally. Dan also doing very well, he is 4 lb closer to his goal. I am really proud of him, he has been making simple changes and sticking to them.
I was reminded by my best friend Lee-Anne about the power of words when it comes to my weight. I love this, “You want to release it, not lose it, because you do not want to find it!” Of course! And by keeping the focus on reaching and maintaining a healthy weight and making solid lifestyle changes, I will reach my goal with ease.
Let’s take a look at how I did last week:
- Exercise schedule:
- Monday and Friday, whittle my middle and 1 legged push-ups. I have been working my way up from 2 sets of 5 push-ups. I am up to 2 sets of 12. Still keeping this up, now up to 2 x 14 push-ups (ouch!)
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – morning workout (walk, gym, bike trainer or maybe even swimming) plus wmm and push-ups. I walked on Tues and Thursday, missed the workout Wed.
- Saturday hiking or gym with Dan, and wmm & push-ups Gym with Dan, wmm & push-ups
- Sunday volleyball (2 hours) Yup and an extra wmm & push-ups
- Eating habit changes:
- smaller portions and more mindful eating (taking my time and chewing more slowly) More mindful eating this week!
- more variety in my cooking (i.e. stop being lazy in the kitchen) – Found time to make dinner every night.
- increase water intake – average is now 2 bottles (1.5 L), work my way up to 4 bottles a day – 5 of 7 days I drank 4 bottles
- reduce diet coke intake – average 1 can/day, reduce to 0 –Just one can per day
- reduce alcohol intake – only drink on the weekends, no more than 2 servings at a time – 1 on Thurs, 2 on Friday, 3 on Sat. None any other time this week.
The biggest challenges this week will be that I am out every night, so I will have to plan ahead with a prepared lunch and dinner. Also, Friday’s my birthday! We’re having a party at Paradiso (where Dan and I got married) with friends and family. I’ll be saving up my alcohol intake for the week for that night :-)!
Looks like we’re on the right track! For those who are also making lifestyle changes this month, please feel free to share with us your successes in the comments. Also, a big congrats to everyone who’s made it past the 21 of January with their New Year’s Resolutions. It’s been said that most people quit after 21 days, so if you’re still going at this point, then you are on the right track.
Here’s the link to the other posts on this topic, in case you missed them: