Gratitude For The Simple Things
It’s Friday and this is usually an easy day of the week to be grateful, as the majority of people spend their lives looking forward to the weekends. What if you designed a life that allowed you to be excited and grateful every single day?
Gratitude Tip: A simple way to enjoy every single day of the week, no matter whether it’s Monday or Friday is to focus on gratitude for the simple things we take for granted.
I spent two years thinking up daily gratitude emails and focusing on the little things to be grateful for, and I know that it’s changed the way that I think about every day. When Dr. Wayne Dyer passed unexpectedly, social media was filled with his insightful quotes – this one was posted on the page for the live stream of the tribute to Dr. Dyer from I Can Do It! Florida:
“Without exception, begin every day of your life with gratitude. As you look in the mirror, say, “Thank you, God, for life, for my body, for my family and loved ones, for this day, and for the opportunity to be of service. Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
– Wayne W. Dyer
I’ve printed this quote and put it up by my mirror where I do my daily affirmations. I offer you a challenge for this Friday morning, especially for those who were receiving the daily gratitude messages for years: Take a few minutes, right now, to write out a list of 10 things you are grateful for. Post and share this list on our Facebook page and let’s start a beautiful gratitude chain as we go into this weekend.
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am grateful for the clothing that keeps me warm on this cool fall day.
- I am grateful for a fridge full of food.
- I am grateful that my daughter woke up with a smile on her face.
- I am grateful for the fresh, clean drinking water the flows from all of the taps in our home.
- I am grateful that every time I use my debit card, there is money in the account to pay for the purchases.
- I am grateful that my husband does the dishes most days.
- I am grateful to receive a pay check from USANA on Fridays.
- I am grateful for my healthy body.
- I am grateful for the quiet calm in my office as I finish off this blog post.
Happy Friday everyone and I look forward to reading your 10 things to be grateful for!