There are times in our lives when we find ourselves in a funk. Nothing seems to be going right and we are ‘waiting for the other shoe to drop’. Today I’ll be sharing some of my favorite strategies to get out of a funk!
Gratitude Tip: The first strategy is gratitude. And it’s the best place to start. Really focus on what you may be taking for granted and feel a sense of gratitude. Breathe in gratitude and release stress and tension when you breathe out. Give thanks for your life, for this day and for the opportunity to be of service to others. Every time you turn on a tap or flip a light switch give thanks. Show your gratitude for the people who are closest to you in your life. Show your gratitude for complete strangers. Every step you take, say thank you silently.
Here are few more of my favorites:
1.Get moving! Whatever your favorite form of exercise is, do it! The endorphin rush will help you to shift your mood.
2. Dance party. Turn on your favorite play list and blast it! Get the kids to join you and dance for at least 2-3 songs.
3. Walking in nature. Focus on the abundance the surrounds you. Listen to an inspiring podcast while you walk (I recommend Beautiful Money with Leanne Jacobs). Or simply focus on your breathing and walking with purpose.
4. Meditation. It might be tough to quiet your mind while you are in a funk, so try using a guided meditation, there are many available for free on YouTube or Podcasts. I really like the Oprah & Deepak Meditation Challenge (Getting Unstuck: Creating a Limitless Life starts July 11 for FREE) and have purchased one of the recordings that I listen to often.
5. Journal. Write down all of the things that are stressing you out. Make a list of your current challenges or issues. Then on another page, write down what you DO want. For example, if your car needs repairs and you have to replace it, write down ‘I am so happy and grateful for my new vehicle that my family and I can easily afford.’ The Universe will bring you whatever it is that you are focusing on, and by shifting your thinking to what you really DO want, it will manifest and arrive much more quickly than you could ever imagine.
6. Connect with a friend. Sometimes all we need to do to get out of a funk is to connect with a friend. Perhaps you may choose to share what’s on your mind, or perhaps not – remember that what you focus on expands so it might be best to share what’s going on and move on to solutions. When we get excited about the possibilities, our vibration changes and again we attract what we want more quickly.
7. Pray. Ask God for help. If you are stuck in a funk and none of these strategies have worked, ask for help. You may even want to start with this one first, depending on your practices and beliefs. God is always listening. Making time to pray is an important part of the day, especially during hard times.
If you are in a funk, I hope some of these strategies are helpful. And if you know someone who is in a funk right now, please forward them these ideas so that they can also shift and get out of their funk.
Blogs you might enjoy:
Love these blog posts? I would be honoured to have a place in your inbox daily. Yes, that’s right, I publish a new blog post with a gratitude tip every single day. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can sign up here.