I just realized that it’s been 10 days since I’ve written a blog post – the longest I’ve gone without writing in almost 2 years! These past few weeks have been filled with travel and amazing opportunities to learn and I’m excited to share with you some of the most important ‘nuggets of wisdom’ I have learned.
Gratitude Tip: It’s up to you whether you are growing or shrinking, because the only constant in life is change. You choose which direction – up towards the sun or closer to the ground. Our daily gratitude practice can be a part of growth, as long as we keep our focus and change it up every once in a while. Once it becomes simply routine or habit, the growth stops.
Last week, I spent two and a half days at Go Pro Recruiting Mastery, the world’s largest generic training for Network Marketing (NWM) Professionals. There are so many amazing lessons to share and whether you are a NWM Professional or not, there is a lot to learn. In this post, I’ll share my top 5 lessons.
- Leaders are present. Leadership is a choice, you can choose right now to be a leader in your business, whether you have a team or not. What I’ve learned is that those who are growing their businesses and advancing through the ranks, are present at the live events. And not only are they present, they are at the front of room (many invested in the VIP tickets for $500 USD extra), taking notes and listening to all of the other leaders on stage. I noticed that the million dollar earners, those who were right in the front, were diligently taking notes. No matter where you are in your business, there is always room to grow.
- Leaders have a yearly budget for growth. Thankfully, this is a lesson I was taught early in my career. One of the huge benefits of this professional is that personal growth in included as part of your business training, no matter which company you choose to partner with. And this introduction into personal development is often the biggest gift that people gain when they choose NWM either part-time or full-time. Beyond what the company provides, it’s essential to invest in other programs, whether it be live events, audio or video programs and books. And it’s non-negotiable for business growth. There is a direct correlation between investing in growth and growth in your business.
- Leaders apply what they have learned. Most of the leaders who spoke on stage offered us ways to implement the lessons or ideas they had shared. It’s one thing to attend an event live and it’s another thing to implement what you’ve learned and take action. This is often the missing link for many people. They attend events and take notes, but once they are home, the notes are never looked at again. It’s also super important to review what you’ve learned and chose which ideas are the most relevant to you and your business, and which ones resonate the most. Following someone else’s business advice when it doesn’t feel good or is not aligned with your value is certainly a recipe for disaster.
- Leaders associate with other leaders. In fact, up and coming leaders are often seen creating connections with leaders who have already achieved the goals they are aiming for. You will learned and absorb energy from those you are surrounded by, choose wisely. Although I did not invest in the VIP ticket for this event, in September I chose to invest in the VIP ticket for the Archangel Summit and it was a truly amazing experience and I found myself surrounded by so many like-minded individuals. Next time I attend this event in Vegas, I’ll be investing in the VIP ticket.
- Leaders are focused on solutions, not complaints. There will always be something to complain about and when you’re at an event with 17,000+ people, there are going to be things that don’t work out as well as you’d like. When you’re with a group of leaders, the amazing thing is that solutions are found more quickly and people are taking action and initiative themselves. And the volunteers at this event were amazing and professional, and they were quick to find solutions and help us to have the best experience possible. Are you more focused on complaining or looking for solutions?
Leadership starts with you. Personal leadership is step one. Ask yourself if you’d want to be part of a tribe where YOU are the leader. And if the answer is no, I encourage you to create a budget for personal development for 2017 to grow into the leader you’d like to be. And you’ll find that you’ll start attracting more and more amazing people into your business as you grow and change yourself.
Lifestyle & Leadership Masterclass – Thursday Jan 12th at Le Jardin in Woodbridge with one of my mentors, Natalie Dion. Registration now open! www.lifestylemasterclass.eventbrite.ca
Blogs you might enjoy: