Our Words Create Our Lives
Words are very powerful. Whether they are said out loud or in our heads, words shape our lives. It doesn’t matter if you are aware of this or not, it’s already happening in every moment of your day. And the longer you’ve been aware of this, the more you realize how entirely true this is.
Gratitude Tip: Today, pay close attention to the words that are coming out of your mouth. And focus even more closely on the words that you are saying in your head. Are these words of gratitude, kindness, joy and love?
There are many ways to change the words and thoughts that we think. Most of these are automatic and live in our subconscious so it’s essential that we are constantly feeding ourselves with positive and energizing words and thoughts, to combat the years of negative programming.
Here are a few simple suggestions:
- Use affirmations in front of the mirror. Say nice things to yourself, out loud, at least once a day. It’s difficult at first, but becomes easier with practice.
- Write in a gratitude journal. This can be done before bed or first thing in the morning. Framing your day with gratitude, rather than lack or complaints, helps your mind to focus on even more things to be grateful for.
- Post your favorite sayings in your home or office. It doesn’t have to be fancy. I printed a copy of my core values and have that posted in a few places in my home. We have a few posters from Homesense with amazing and positive phrases that I read several times a day.
- Replace negative words with positive ones. Instead of ‘I can’t afford it’ try ‘how can I afford this?’ for example.
- Read from a positive and inspiring book for at least 15 minutes a day. I just finished Daring Greatly by Brené Brown.
You have an opportunity to create your best life every single day, do the words you speak to yourself and others support this?