That went by very quickly! Even though it was the 2nd week of Christmas vacation for my daughter, I made the commitment to start the 7 Day Sugar Detox program on Monday January 2nd. The program was easier than I thought and I’ll be continuing for the next 21 days to stay on track this winter.
Results are in! Here’s what has changed so far:
- Sugar cravings = gone. So grateful for this! It was hard to be controlled by my cravings and I was having such a hard time saying no to treats.
- Intermittent fasting for the win! Not eating for 12-14 hours a day is one of the reasons why my cravings are gone. It really works!
- Released 3 lb so far. As I shared in my Facebook live video on Day 1, I was shocked that I had gained 8 lb in 2016. I had no idea! I’ve made a commitment to stick to the program for 28 days to return to my ideal weight.
- Released 1″ total, half inch from my hips and waist.
- Added a few strength exercises to my morning yoga routine. Any resistance exercises also help to release weight and build muscle.
- My 6 year old daughter and husband have been eating way less sugar and making healthy choices too!
One of the biggest challenges during these first 7 days was my trip to New York City. It was a quick 24 hour trip for the launch of Beautiful Money by Leanne Jacobs. I ended up getting air sick (nauseous) both on the way there and back so I did end up going over the 25g of sugar a day on both days because I needed ginger ale to help calm my stomach. For that reason, I am very happy with these early results. This week, I am off to Vancouver on Friday and I’ll be speaking on Saturday for the 2017 USANA Kick Off in Surrey (see info below). Thankfully, I am staying with my sister, which means I’ll be able to have my smoothies and lots of healthy and nutritious food.
We have another group starting today and a few who are waiting til Jan 16th to start – if you want to join that group there is still time to place your order and receive your products in time. Simply visit the program page or email me, info (at) julieboyer.com to join us!
Upcoming events THIS WEEK:
Lifestyle & Leadership Masterclass – Thursday Jan 12th at Le Jardin in Woodbridge with one of my mentors, Natalie Dion. Registration now open! www.lifestylemasterclass.eventbrite.ca
Launching Your Best Year Ever – Vancouver! I’ll be live in Surrey, BC on Saturday Jan 14th, for the USANA Kick-Off event of 2017 and I’ll be leading you through a 90 minute workshop on creating and planning for your best year ever. Tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased here: www.deltateamevents.com
Blogs you might enjoy: