Monday evening was spent planning out our goals for 2010 and beyond. This is an exercise that Dan and I have done together for the past three years and that’s something that is really important to our relationship. When I asked for the perfect partner, I was looking for someone who had goals and dreams, who wanted to share them with me so that we could achieve them together. I am very grateful to have found him!
When I reviewed my 2009 goals, I found that I had achieved several of them, most of them around family and relationships. Interestingly, I had the goal to marry Dan (we weren’t even engaged yet) in 2009 – and we did, on July 12th. To plan goals for all of the different parts of our lives, we use a worksheet from Jack Canfield, from The Success Principles.
Here are a few highlights from the list this year. Our goals also include a date to be achieved and why we want to achieve this goal.
- I will be at my ideal weight of 135 lb by April 24, 2010 (with help from whittle my middle)
- I will find and nurture 2 -4 leaders in 2010, in Agel
- I will work up to giving $3 per day by the end of 2010 (I currently donate $1/day)
- I will complete the Competent Communicator Manual at Toastmasters by June 2010
- Dan and I will spend at least 1 week at the cottage this summer and go on a honeymoon!
- And the big one: By January 2012, I will be financially free, earning at least $40,000 per month in passive income.
Big dreams need big goals! I figure what’s the point in living a mediocre life and having an average income? We get one chance, life is not a dress rehearsal! So why not go for the gusto? One of my favorite quotes: If you aim for the moon and miss, you’ll still end up among the stars.
Have you set your goals for 2010 and beyond?