Almost done week one and it’s been going really well. Today ended up being a 1 shake day but I had very healthy meals AND avoided alcohol. That may sound simple enough, but tonight was my Ladies’ Night Out group annual Sex in the City BBQ – with it’s very own featured martini!! How was I able to navigate through all of the food and being surrounded by alcohol? Here are a few tips:
- Make a point to choose not to have any alcohol before you leave the house. It’s safer anyhow if you have to drive home.
- Fill a wine glass with sparkling or lemon water and refill often
- Focus on conversation and connecting, rather than refilling your plate
- Choose at least a few veggies and a salad as a side dish. This BBQ food was amazing and I enjoyed some grilled salmon with olive oil and sundried tomatoes.
- When the desserts come out, choose fruit Actually, it’s easy to avoid desserts if you’re not eating gluten.