Starting Your Day with Success
How you start your day is how you live your life. I wrote an entire chapter about this in my book 30 Days of Gratitude, The Gratitude Program That Will Change Your Life. I believe that the way you start your day sets the tone for everything else that happens in the next 12-16 hours that you are awake. Here are my favorite things to do in the morning – I don’t always get to do all of them but I know that by doing 5-7 of them, I’ll be set for an amazing day. And I get my 4 year old daughter to do many of them with me as well. May as well start her with the best habits from the beginning!
1. Waking up and saying thank you for another day here on earth. You’re alive! You woke up! You can get out of bed! All things to be grateful for.
2. Affirmations in front of the mirror. Affirmations are essential for starting the day with a positive tone. Start by simply saying ‘I love you’ and looking into your own eyes. My daughter does these as well.
3. Warm water with freshly squeezed lemon and a slice of ginger. There are many variations of this but the goal is to alkalinize your body before you have any food and to set your digestive system up for success. This is critical if you drink coffee, which is a very acidic.
4. Green juice. I never thought I would be one to take the time to juice in the morning, and I don’t take the time every day, but I love the taste of a fresh green juice after my lemon water.
5. Probiotics in a powder form. Again, more love for the small intestine before eating too much food.
6. Green smoothie. Easiest way to get optimal nutrition for my cells to start the day. I split one with my daughter.
7. My USANA supplements, which is a fairly big handful for me. It includes The Essentials, Biomega, Hepa Plus (liver support), Proflavanol C100 (grapeseed extract and vitamin C), Vitamin D, Active Calcium Plus and Procosa (joint support). Usanimals for my daughter.
8. Reading 15 minutes of an inspirational book. Currently re-reading Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks.
9. Stretching or light yoga to get the blood flowing.
10. Walking for 30 minutes (any form of movement works) or walking the Labyrinth nearby for a walking meditiation.
11. Brushing my teeth using USANA’s natural toothpaste and washing my face with the Sensé Beautiful Science skin care line.
What are your positive morning habits? What did I miss? Anything to add?
If you’d like to try some of the USANA supplements mentioned, please visit www.julieboyer.usana.com – and if you’re not sure which ones would be best for you, please click on FREE Health Assessment to find out which products are recommended for your lifestyle.