For many of us, this is the last week of summer. If you’re like me, you had a long to-do list of projects for the summer. How did you do? Are you feeling like the summer flew by and you didn’t get much done? Here are a few ideas on how to make the most of this last week of summer
- Review your summer goals. Celebrate the successes and then tally up what is left. Pick one last project to complete this week. Be realistic, if it’s going to take more that a week, choose a different project.
- With this last project, make sure it’s the first thing you do every day. A little bit over the next 5 – 7 days and you’ll be done. Home with the kids? Is there any way that you can get them to be involved?
- Focus on preparation and organization. Make sure everything has it’s place, especially items like footwear, school bags, lunch boxes, lunch containers, snacks etc. Keeping your pantry and entrance organized will help make the first week of school less chaotic.
- Spend some time outside. Maybe you’ve neglected your garden (we certainly have!) or perhaps it’s time for a few fall baskets to brighten your front entrance. Enjoy the last few days of the outdoor pool season (if you’re in a place that doesn’t have summer year round).
- Slow down and be present. Take time to make a few more memories with family and friends.
Gratitude Tip: Summer may seem so short but when you take time to focus on daily gratitude, you’re instantly more present and are able to enjoy the moments, without feeling like time is flying by.
What are your plans for this upcoming long weekend? How do you plan on making the most of the last weekend of the summer?