Happy New Year! Welcome 2012 with open arms! I am very excited for this year. There is a definite energy shift that seems to happen between the end of Dec and the beginning of January. Have you had a chance to write out your goals for 2012 and beyond? Did you update your vision board recently? What do you have in store for 2012?
A great way to get your plan into action for this year is to start with a review of 2011 by asking yourself a few questions:
- What did I accomplish in 2011? Take a look at all aspects of your life, including health, family, business or career and finances.
- What key learnings did I have in 2011? Did you go through a particularly challenging experience? Or perhaps learned a new skill?
- Is there anything I would do differently this year?
- Who did I spend my time with in 2011? Who would I like to spend my time with in 2012?
- What habits or behaviours did I choose to do in 2011, that might not serve me in 2012? For example, checking email before getting out of bed in the morning.
This activity should take about 45-60 min to complete. At that point it will be easier to start building a plan for 2012. I promise that if you take the time to create a vision and plan your goals for this year (and the next 5 years), that when you look back at the end of 2012, you’ll have accomplished most, if not all of the goals you set out. If you’re still not sure how to do all of this, that’s ok! Send me a quick email at email@example.com and we’ll set up a coaching session.
My top goals for 2012 include:
- Buying a home
- Doubling my income over 2011
- Competing in triathlons again this summer