The Christmas and holiday season is upon us! What are you looking forward to this season? For us, it will be our first Christmas with Céline, our little girl, who will be 3 months old on Dec 28th. She won’t be able to remember this first Christmas with her family but the pictures will tell the story. Here are some of the things I am looking forward to this season:
- A photo with Santa – the mall Santa tradition begins this year. Sure, it’s a big strange to put your child on a stranger’s lap and take a photo that you will cherish for years but since everybody else is doing it, we’re going to too!
- Some down time – the two weeks when there is no school will be a nice chance for us to relax and spend time with friends and family, without having to worry about tutoring in the evenings.
- A visit from my sister – She moved to Vancouver this summer and hasn’t seen Céline since she was 10 days old. It will be great to spend a few days with her before Christmas.
- The first real snowfall – unless I have somewhere to be on that day! So far we’ve seen a few centimeters of snow, but that’s all.
- Christmas Eve at the in-laws. It’s always a good time but it will be more fun for everyone with Céline around, since she’s the first grandchild and niece.
- Holiday baking – this is one of my favorite traditions, although I’m not 100% certain that I’ll be able to pull it off.
- Christmas lights – I love to drive around and look at how the homes are decorated. We live in Burlington, ON and there are some pretty amazing displays on Lakeshore and also a famous home on Spruce St., near John T Tuck school. Check it out if you’re nearby.
- Waking up on Christmas morning with my new family of 3! And enjoying a mimosa or two.